About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Lemonade Day!

Our ABC Countdown to Summer is continuing in our classroom.  Last week we had I-M days.

On L day we learned about lemonade.  I had a sweet parent borrow me a lemonade stand.  I set up the lemonade stand in my classroom the night before our fun day.  I LOVE how it turned out.

We started our lemonade day in the afternoon.  We made regular lemonade and pink lemonade.  The kids each got to taste both of them.

We then talked about what our favorite kind of lemonade was and made a graph.  We counted to see how many people liked each flavor and made a graph.

Kids colored their glass either pink or yellow.

We learned that pink lemonade was our favorite.  Only two kids liked yellow lemonade.

Throughout the day we did other fun learning activities.  We made these fun lemonade stands that I got from Teaching in the Tongass.  We weren't quite finished with them yet.


 We then listened to The Lemonade Stand on YouTube.  The kids loved it!
 

 We also did some fun centers.

In this one the kids built 3 and 4 letter sight words.  They looked at the sight word on the lemonade stand and built the words with lemonade glasses.

We also put the numbers in order from 1-100.

 We loved  Lemonade Day!  You can find my activities in my Lemonade pack by clicking here.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment