About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

Five-for-Friday-linky-party and a freebie

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the five-for-Friday-linky party!

I haven't done this for so long.  I haven't blogged for so long and am so looking forward to getting back into it.  Right now I have a new blog design being created for me by Pjs Design Laboratory  and I am so excited for it to be completed. I already love the sneak peaks that I have gotten.

This week has been crazy busy.

1.    We moved!  I have lived in my house for 18 years.  About mid-October we decided to try to sell our house.  We cleaned it out...got a dumpster and threw 18 years of stuff that we have collected.  I am a pack rat.  I vowed to NEVER get that way again.  I had my 10 year old son's baby bottle nipples stored neatly in containers in one of the cupboards?  Why?  Who knows!  The list goes on and on of stuff that I save that I would never use again!  We listed our house in November 1st and it sold November 23rd.  Things were a whirlwind for us.
 My friends and family came over late one night and helped us pack all of our heavy stuff (furniture and beds) into the moving van.  We worked quickly.  I am so thankful for them.

 I will miss this room in our old house.  These shelves were designed for me by a friend who finished our basement.  He knew I had a lot of children's books and took the biggest and tallest ones to design this wall of shelves for me.   I hope some lucky little kid gets to fill it will books and toys.

This picture gives me a headache just looking at it.  We are slowly going through boxes and bags and donating things and putting things away.   Thank goodness we had an extra day off this week.

2.  We picked out new couches to go into our new home.  The boys loved these.

3.  We had another snow day...or actually a "cold day" at school on Thursday.  We were closed because the windchill was -34 degrees.  It's the third one we have had in January.  It was so bitterly cold outside...it stung to step outside.  We NEVER have snow days.  It's crazy we've had this many "cold days".  It's suppose to be colder next week.  Yikes.

 We listened to Frozen in our class this week.  It was so fitting for our temps.  The kids loved the music!  I had one little girl crying because she loved the music so much!

4.  I took both my boys to have allergy tests done this week.  I itch just looking at this picture.  My other son's back was WAY worse...but I promised I wouldn't share it.    We found out they are both allergic to almost all trees, grasses, ragweed, cats, dogs, horses and mold.  We are going to start allergy shots.  It's a pretty big commitment...but I'm willing to put them through it if it helps them in the future.



 5.  I started printing, cutting out and laminating my Winter Olympics centers for February.  The kids are going to research a country that has participants in the Olympics and share facts about that country during our "opening ceremonies".



My Olympic pack is loaded with Math and Literacy center games.  Kids will race each other to complete the activities.  There will be first, second and third place awards given to the winners.  I am soooo excited for the Winter Olympics to start and to use this pack.  It can be found HERE.  I also added a freebie for you.  You can download it HERE.  It's a Magic E race.  It's a small sample of what is included in my Winter Olympics pack.
Winter Olympics *Magic E Race*  Freebie

This weekend I will be working on report cards and unpacking.  I hope you have a great weekend and are staying warm...where ever  you are.   You can link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Linky party HERE.
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment