About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Friday, June 14, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party

Hi!  I hope you are having a fantastic week!  It's been a relaxing one for me.  My boys and I have no real routine set up yet.  We have been hanging out at home.  They haven't fought or asked to go anywhere.  I am okay with that!  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and am listing 5 things about my week.


1.  I added a new resource to my TPT store.  I use Responsive Classroom in my classroom at school. I spent time this week creating posters, mini-books, etc. to use next year.  You can check it out here.
The-First-Weeks-of-School-Using-Responsive-Classroom-Ideas.
 
2.  I took my boys fishing on Thursday.  It was the first really sunny day that we have had.  We went to my parents after for a cook-out.


 
3.  I got to go to my little cousin's dance recital.  She is 4 and it was soo cute!!!  I really don't know how ANYONE can teach a group of 3 and 4 year olds how to dance so that they know all the moves and they are doing them together.  I give them an A+!
 
4.  I baked a lot this week!  One of my 9 year olds favorite things to eat is Banana Bread.  He was so happy!
 
5.  On Wednesday night my laptop gave me a scare.  It stopped charging.  I thought that I was going to lose everything on it.  I spent 3 hours copying everything from my computer to My Book (my external hard drive). 
2 years worth of pictures!  LOL! 
 
I love it!  It has lots of space and I can use it from computer to computer.  I still have to figure that feature out.  After everything was copied over, my computer started charging again.  We think the power cord got way too hot and stopped. I ordered a new one, just in case.  I highly recommend backing everything up if you haven't.  You can find this external hard drive with different amounts of storage and at lots of different places. 
 
 
I hope you all have a great weekend!  Happy Father's Day to all you dads! 
Sara
 


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! Love that kind in the summer! We had the first sunny day in a long time yesterday. It has been raining so much in the midwest... Thanks for sharing your week!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Losing your hard drive is the worst! I once forgot to back up my computer during report cards and lost everything! Only took one time of making that mistake :)

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness you saved all of your files. I did the same a few weeks ago when I had a similar scare. Just the thought of losing my teacher files and clip art sketches makes me shudder!
    Now I just have to remember to back things up as I go!
    :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the pictures of the little girls dancing is so cute. I love banana bread too. I have to be better about backing my stuff up. I am glad that you didn't lose anything!!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Five for Friday! My daughter had her dance recital in May. Little dancers are just the cutest! Banana bread is the best...have you tried banana nut cereal? It's sooo yummy:)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you make that banana bread?!? It looks absolutely delicious and it's making me hungry! :) I found your blog through Farley's link up--way to be the first one!! Sure am glad to have found you!

    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete