About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Monday, May 13, 2013

Letter to Next Year's Teacher *Freebie*

I can't believe I was praying for a Snow Day 2 weeks ago and now I am wishing that I had a little more time left with my kiddos. We have so much to do yet and it seems like we'll never get it all done in the next 14 days.  We will.  I know we will.  We always do, but panic has set in.  I was told by one of my students that today would be her last day.   She was going on vacation and wouldn't be back this year. I frantically made sure that I had every assessment done that I needed to have done with her.  We did her DRA, math fluency tests, end of the 100 site word spelling test plus more.  All the plans that I had made for today were thrown out the window because I wanted to make sure I had what I needed to complete her report cards.  To be honest, I am glad that this happened because my whole class is so much farther ahead of where I thought I would be next week.  The major assessments are done, and we won't have to do them next week.  One thing we do every year is write letters to next year's teachers. 

You can find the form here Letter to next year's teacher.  I made one for grades 1-5.  Our building only goes up to 5th grade.  The 5th graders go to the 6th grade center next year and there are way to many teachers to get the letters to.


You can get it here  Letter to next year's teacher.
Sara

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea Sara!
    I am forwarding your post to my team as we speak!
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally doing this on our T is for Teacher day! Thanks for the freebie!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!!! Are you doing the A-Z to the end of the school year?
      Sara

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this letter! Thanks for the freebie!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete