About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Five for Friday Linky 4/19

What a week....this will be a short post...as I am glued to the T.V. right now...watching updates on the Boston story.  What a sad situation.  My heart is aching for the people there right now.


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and sharing 5 random things about my week....

1.  We had a two hour late start today!!!  It was a crazy day!!!  We don't normally get snow days or late starts and we have had BOTH since March. 

These are snow pictures off my deck from yesterday to today.  It's beautiful out today!  It's sunny and feels almost warm.  The snow won't last long.

2.  Both of my kiddos had pink eye yesterday.  We stayed home and relaxed!  It was nice.  They both look relaxed in the pictures below from today.


3.  I found some plastic dishes at Target in the Dollar Spot.  I instantly knew I had to have them...but for what?  I am not sure?!?  I am not quite sure what I am going to do with them yet.  I think I might put coins in the little container with a coin amount in the big spot.   Kids would have to count the coins to match the amount. 

4.  It's Day 10 of our chicks being in the incubators today.  They look like this right now.  I candled the eggs with my kiddos.  They LOVED seeing the eye through the shell.  One was pretty active!
We have read lots of chick books this week.  A favorite was Chicken Chuck.   He ate a blue seed and grew a blue feather.  He thought he was better than everyone else.  I gave each kid a blue feather and we created self portraits.  We then wrote why we were special.


5.  For Christmas my sister started a quilt for me with the promise that she would finish it.  On Tuesday she brought it over...finished.  Even in April, I can still use it (If I can get it away from my son).  The snowmen still fit the weather we are having right now!   I love it and will probably use it all summer! :)

I hope you have a great night!
Sara

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We love it. I would love to learn how to quilt...but then I would NEVER get anything done. :)
      Sara

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt! Chicken Chuck sounds cute! I love the blue feather idea too! Where did you find a package of blue feathers? Dishes...dishes...dishes...I am drawing a blank, but I am trying to watch a movie too! Have a great weekend!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I am pretty sure I found them at Michael's. I had a really big bag left over from last year. The book is really cute! I hope you enjoyed your movie. You have a good weekend too.
      Sara

      Delete