About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Peek at My Week - Linky

I hope you are all having a fantastic Sunday night!  I am pretty excited that I don't really have to go to bed at any given time tonight!!!  Spring break is here and I am excccciiiiittteedd!!!!  As I type this we are boiling eggs for dying Easter Eggs.  We probably won't get started until around 9ish...but that's okay.  :) 

This weekend I have been getting ready for our upcoming chick unit at school.  I am working on a new unit to add to my TPT store.  Last year I added this unit...
You can find it here....Chicks-Math-and-Literacy-Centers
This year I wanted to add more centers to my classroom, so I am doing a Chicks Math and Literacy Unit 2.  This one will have more centers aligned with the Common Core.  I am really excited and hope to post it by Friday (hopefully earlier).

Last week at school we found out that we will be adopting this curriculum next year.  Benchmark Literacy is what we will be using for reading!  I have NEVER had worked with a reading curriculum in the 14 years that I have taught...so it will be exciting and weird for me to have a curriculum that is written out for us!  Benchmark Literacy is what we are using.  One of my co-workers already outlined the year for us!  She is amazing.  I am going to take the spelling lists that we will be using and create some centers for guided reading time.  Do any of you use this curriculum?  If you do, I'd love to hear from you and hear what you think! 

Finally, I am linking up with mrswillskindergarten at am posting my calendar for the week!  It's very loosely planned right now. I have tentative dates with girlfriends set, and movie dates that are tentative.  I love that about spring break.  We are just going with flow. 


If you'd like to link up your schedule, visit Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
Have a great week everyone!!!
Sara

5 comments:

  1. I LIKE your schedule!!!! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my schedule this week! So far we're getting off on the right track! Everyone slept until after 10:00 A.M. which makes this momma pretty happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your schedule, wish I could follow it, but alas my Spring Break is over. hope you enjoy every minute!

    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete