About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Sunday, April 29, 2012

They hatched!

Our chicks hatched last week and BOY was there EXCITEMENT in our classroom!  We watched the WHOLE process.  We came into our room in the morning and noticed that 9 eggs had pips in them.  We observed the first chick breaking through right before we went to lunch!  Some of the kids said it was their best day ever in first grade! I used my Document Camera for the whole thing.  I focused it on the incubator and the kids got to see everything on my Smart Board. I was also about to record the whole thing with my Doc Camera.  I had a first grade miss the entire week...so we were able to show it to her. 


 12 chicks hatched...
 They each got to hold one...

First egg...first chick...
Almost all the way through...


On Smart Board...

Hello little one...
Watching in the dark....


Doc Camera set up on incubator...




My son and sister came with me at night to check on the chicks.  We got to observe two more hatching.


My first graders set up some chicken books by the incubator for the chicks to look at. We found this little chick "reading" the book during the day.




Hello...little one!


I came in the morning and the incubator was full!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment