About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ending Sounds in Words

In beginning of the year we work a lot on hearing sounds in words.  We listen for beginning sounds and ending sounds.  When doing free journal writing time I will not tell my kids how to spell words.  I will either refer them to their word walls on their desks, the word walls in the room or I will tell them to sound out their words as best as they can.  At first they ask a lot...but they know that I won't tell them...I will only encourage them to use their strategies.  Soon they are hearing beginning middle and ending sounds in their words.  This activity that I am posting works with ending sounds in words.  Students will look at the picture card, say the word and say the ending sound that they hear.  They will then place it on the correct mat that ends with the same sound.  Finally they will record it onto the recording paper.  Enjoy!  If you like this activity leave me a note! :)  Tell me what else you would like to see.





                      Click here for ending sounds in words activity

1 comment: